The New Year is always a great way to hit reset and start fresh. Many come up with a New Year’s resolution to be better, healthier, and more fit. What more perfect timing is it to have Healthy Weight Week celebrated January 21-25. Here are eight different and easy ways to kick start your New Year’s resolution for a healthier you!
1. Find ways to make exercise fun – maybe make a competition with someone on who can run the furthest or lift the heaviest weights.
2. Take small steps – don’t try to completely change your lifestyle all at once, it can become overwhelming.
3. Drink more water – this will help flush your system and may help curb cravings!
4. Get quality sleep (and plenty of it) – try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
5. Relax! – take time to focus on you every once in a while!
6. Cut back on your alcohol consumption.
7. Increase fruit and vegetable consumption.
8. Set an attainable goal! – be realistic with what you want and what your goals are. Trying to do too much at once can become overwhelming. You may have a difficult end-goal, but take small steps to get there!